|10th Jan 2018
||Sample songs can now be added to Power Music Reader when you first launch. Also new audio player makes it easier to attach and use audio tracks in Power Music Reader.
- Added sample database with prompt to add if database is empty.
- New audio player includes volume control and is more reliable.
- Added ability to auto-play audio when viewing a song. This can be turned on in Settings.
- Audio player now works on iPhone (previously iPad-only).
- Fixed crash when deleting the first song when only 2 songs exist.
- Fixed missing buttons on small screens with long song titles.
- Fixed layout issue when redeeming a songbook voucher.
- Autocorrection no longer applied to Power Music Box username field.
- Updated various third-party frameworks for bug fixes.
- Moved "About" screen from iOS Settings to in-app Settings.
- New rating prompt makes it easier to rate and review Power Music Reader.
- Keyboard now hides when searching then selecting songs to download in Power Music Box.
|13th Dec 2017
||This update contains bug fixes and improvements, adds support for iPhone X, and is available for users on iOS 9 and above.
- Sometimes a song would show as a blank page.
- Improvements to Voiceover usability.
- iPhone X compatibility.
|16th April 2017
||Version 2.4.2 fixes a bug where the last item in a playlist could not be selected.
|7th April 2017
||This update fixes a couple of bugs and adds the ability to import a backup file to restore.
- You can now import a ".pmabak" file in Power Music Reader to restore from a backup created on another device.
- Fixed an issue where users on iOS 8 had issues logging in to Power Music Box.
- Fixed a rare crash in the playlist view.
|30th March 2017
||Hot on the heels of our last update, this release fixes a few bugs and adds a couple of interface tweaks.
- The All Songs list now displays the key underneath the title of each song.
- Added an indicator of available and used storage space in Power Music Box.
- When logging into a different Power Music Box account, the new username/password are saved for future use.
- Fixed a crash for some users when logging in to Power Music Box.
- Fixed a bug where some users were incorrectly receiving a message stating their Power Music Box accounts were full.
- Changing display mode between Chord Sheet and Sheet Music now returns to the first page of a song.
- Fixed a crash when dragging to re-arrange a playlist containing only one song.
|14th March 2017
||Fixes an issue where some users were unable to log in to Power Music Box.
|12th March 2017
- Added support from 4-button foot pedals, such as the Pageflip Dragonfly.
- Left and right arrow keys now allow page turning from one song to the next, while up and down arrow keys continue to allow page turning from one page to the next.
- Added setting to prevent page turning from moving from one song to the next (useful for use with 4-button pedals).
- Some behind-the-scenes changes to make Power Music Reader faster and more reliable.
- This update makes Power Music Reader available for iOS 8 and above only.
|29th Sept 2016
||This update contains bug fixes and improvements.
|13th July 2016
||Improved synchronised page turning. Synchronising multiple iPads is now easier than ever. Simply active synchronised page turning on your devices and they will automatically connect - no need to manually select who to send to. Your iPad will also attempt to automatically reconnect after disconnecting.
You will still need to have the same songs downloaded onto each iPad, and all devices must be updated to Power Music 1.1.5 or Power Music Reader 2.3.5 for synchronised page turning to work.
This release also fixes a number of bugs.
- Alerts for synchronised page turning when another device connects or disconnects.
- Synchronised page turning now automatically connects to nearby devices.
- Synchronised page turning will automatically reconnect if connection is lost.
- Fixed crash when using changing song while using songs with a large number of pages.
- Fixed crashes related to deleting a song after searching.
- Fixed crash when tapping to advance to the next song when only one song in search results.
|27th May 2016
- Setting a black background would not persist between app launches.
- Improved crash reporting and analytics.
|31st Mar 2016
- Updated chord sheet display. This fixes a bug where chord sheets were sometimes cut off at the bottom of the screen, and ensures that chord sheets are always displayed as large as possible.
- Fixed layout of My Box on iPad Pro.
|8th Dec 2015
||This release fixes a bug where the bottom line of chord sheets was being truncated for some songs
|11th Nov 2015
||Version 2.3.1 fixes a bug for iPhone and iPod Touch users where the Support and Backup/Restore buttons would not display
|28th Oct 2015
||Version 2.3 is a bumper update which fixes a number of issues and introduces some new features:
- Animation of page turns. This can be turned off in Settings
- Added new support interface with links to online help, forum, reviews, and new feedback interface
- Backup and restore. Backups are stored locally to the app and can be exported as a .pmabak file.
- Added ability to delete songs from the All Songs screen
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when displaying a chord sheet with a single line
- Fixed author name displaying with a space when no forename
- Update Power Music Box songs list when deleting a song from the device
- Fixed crash when incorrect display mode has been saved
- Fixed bug when downloading some songs caused by missing sheet music
- Fixed crash when deleting only item in playlist while that item is displayed
- Fixed bug where playlist item display mode would change when entering full screen if different from song display mode
- Fixed bug where selecting a song that is currently displayed as part of a playlist wouldn't leave the playlist
- Fix the audio track picker not appearing in iOS 8
- Fix crash when an error is received trying to delete a song from Power Music Box
- Fixed audio and song info popovers staying on screen when opening the side menu
- Fixed crash when tapping to display next song with empty All Songs list
- Fixed crash when loading Power Music Box playlists list if date cannot be parsed
- Fixed bug where chord sheets were being displayed with spacing between lines
- Changed padding used to calculate font size to prevent chord sheet exceeding bounds of view
- Fixed 1Password integration
- Fixed All Songs list not updating after making changes in My Box.
- Improved sheet music loading speed significantly on older devices, particularly with very large songs
- Made Save button for song notes clearer
- Improved downloading of large numbers of songs from Power Music Box
- Improved storage of image files to speed up loading
- Updated rotation detection code for iOS 9 compatibility
- Added distinction between dropped connection and invalid login credentials
- Changed online help link
|24th Oct 2014
||The free Power Music app is now Power Music Reader!
Power Music Reader is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices running iOS 7 or later.
- iOS 8 and iPhone 6 & 6 Plus compatibility. Power Music Reader now takes full advantage of the larger screens of the new iPhones and displays your music in crisp high-resolution.
- New Power Music Box interface for iPhone and iPod Touch users. Select multiple songs to download at one time and filter long lists to make finding songs easier.
- 1Password integration for iOS 8 users. If you have 1Password installed, simply tap the 1Password button to log in to Power Music Box without having to enter your username and password.
Remember: If you love Power Music Reader, please leave a review!
- Fixed a bug on iPhone and iPod Touch preventing the Power Music Box login screen dismissing.
- Fixed a bug causing the app to crash when deleting a song from a playlist while displaying it.
- Fixed a bug with transposing songs in a playlist.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.
|17th June 2014
- Landscape display. Show either one or two pages at a time when using in landscape orientation (iPad only)
- Synchronised page turning. Multiple iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches can share page turning wirelessly via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Note: all devices must have the songs downloaded from Power Music Box
- Full screen display. Tap on the centre of the screen to hide the toolbars
- Link audio. Audio tracks from your music library can be linked to songs in Power Music (iPad only)
- New Power Music Box interface. Search and select multiple songs to download from Power Music Box
- Help screen (iPad only)
- Swipe to turn the page, rather than opening the side menus
- Song and title count added
- Start and end of list notifications when turning the page
- Chord sheet display fixes for accented characters
- Improved parsing of chord sheets (affected songs will need to be re-downloaded)
- Better crash reporting
- Fixed a crash when opening "My Box"
- Numerous other bug fixes
|25th Apr 2014
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when tapping "All Songs" for some users
- PMBox interface now shows song key correctly
|12th Apr 2014
- Fixed a bug preventing some users with a large number of songs from opening the app
- Prevented some chord sheets displaying incorrectly
- Fixed a bug preventing the "All Songs" list displaying for some users
- Fixed a crash when logging in to Power Music Box for some users
- Additional bug fixes
- Added "Cancel" button when adding a song to a playlist
- Correct transpose key now displayed
- Playlist menus now refresh when necessary
|7th Apr 2014
||New look Power Music for iOS 7
Not in this version:
- Easily access your songs and playlists with the new unified menu.
- New: redeem a songbook voucher directly within the app.
- Improved downloading from Power Music Box - download and update all songs with one tap.
- New: Links - web links can be attached to songs.
- Attached audio tracks will be made available in the next update.
|4th Oct 2013
- Fixes a bug preventing some users logging in to Power Music Box
- Fixes a bug preventing chord sheets displaying for some users
|30th Aug 2013
- Improvements to chord sheet display.
- New crash reporting interface - directly report crashes within the app.
- Fixed a bug that can cause control characters to appear in some chord sheets.
|7th June 2013
- Fixed compatibility with songs uploaded to Power Music Box from Power Music Mac.
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash for some people.
|24th Apr 2013
- Improved chord sheet transposition
- Fixed a bug which caused the app to crash when transposing some songs
- Fixed a bug preventing some users logging in
- Added user review prompt - if you find Power Music useful, please consider leaving a review
|15th Jan 2013
- Fixed an issue with logging in.
- Fixed an issue with some chord sheets not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue with transposing some older songs.
|7th Nov 2012
||Fixed an issue where some models of foot pedal would work intermittently.
|25th Oct 2012
||Version 1.2.2 fixes a number of bugs in versions 1.2 and 1.2.1:
- Some chords were not parsing or transposing correctly, e.g. B(add4)/E - you may need to delete and re-download affected songs after applying the update.
- Foot pedal control is now working under iOS 6
- Tapping the screen to hide the toolbars was not working sometimes on iPads
- If the network connection was lost while fetching the song list, the alert would not disappear, requiring the app to be terminated and re-started
|21st Sept 2012
- Support for iOS6 and iPhone 5
- Bug fixes preventing sheet music displaying on some iPhones
|17th Sept 2012
- NEW! Ability to download songs purchased from Power Music Store.
- Added search facility to easily find songs in your Power Music Box account.
- Improved quality of sheet music display
- NEW! Sheet music display now enabled for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch (non-Retina) (existing songs must be re-downloaded)
- Now usable on iPad in upside-down orientation to allow use on a music stand with dock connector plugged in
- Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
|1st Aug 2012
- Playlist items sometimes wouldn't display.
- Some playlists would cause a crash on uploading.
|10th July 2012
||You can now transfer playlists between your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch and your Power Music Box account.
Create your playlist on the go and transfer it to your PC for performance effortlessly.
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash when deleting a playlist (iPad)
- Added notification if you do not have a valid subscription when logging in.
- Added logout button (iPad)
|14th May 2012